(f/m/d) | Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered how the weather will be tomorrow?
As 140 Million Google Search results show, this is one of the most frequently asked questions in the world. It’s fair to say that weather can have a huge impact on all of our lives, both personally and professionally, so this is why, here at Meteomatics, we focus on the processing and provision of high quality weather data as well as the development of meteorological software products.
But why stop there? Better forecasting needs even more accurate inputs so we developed our own Meteodrone to collect the missing data from the lower atmosphere and are the first company to fly a network of weather drones operationally.
Now, let`s talk about you…
- Develop forecasting systems
- Operation of high-resolution WRF models on high performance computers
- Initialization by means of ECMWF data
- Assimilation of observation data (weather stations, radio sondes, radar and satellite data)
- Assimilation of our Meteodrone systems’ data
- Wish to pioneer and fundamentally change the way weather forecasting is done
- Enjoy working in a team
- Solid knowledge of numerical weather forecasting (physics and implementation)
- Experience in operational WRF setups
- Solid experience with Fortran
- Solid knowledge in Linux, bash and Python
- Experience with C++ and object-oriented programming favorable
You want to be part of an international, competent and motivated team, which encourages an active and lively exchange? We have our head full of ideas and if you do so too, we are looking forward for your application!