Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
What's the weather like tomorrow? 🌦️
How much energy will my solar power plant generate this week? Is this flight path safe and efficient? Will there be enough rain to water my crops? As the weather affects many industries' performance, businesses keep a close eye on what's happening in the skies.
At Meteomatics, we're a team of proud nerds who deliver the most accurate weather data to over 400 companies and research institutions worldwide, helping them accelerate the energy transition, reduce the business’ impact on the environment, and make products and services safer for society.
Meteomatics is growing faster than you can say lightning! And we're now looking for a new C++ Software Engineer for Big Data & Web to join us in St. Gallen! ⚡
You will work in one of our API teams with our Chief Technology Officer, Christian Schluchter, managing petabytes of weather data and developing high-performance algorithms. Be ready to unlock your creativity and programming skills, as you'll build bespoke solutions for top international clients and contribute to solving important societal and environmental problems.
What you'll do
- Manage storage, processing, and distribution of petabytes of data (e.g., radar and satellite imagery, station observations, and model forecasts)
- Develop and optimize high-performance algorithms for forecasting and processing weather data to serve millions of API queries per day
- Develop data visualizations
- Develop industry-specific solutions (e.g., solar and wind power forecasts)
What you'll bring
- You enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- You have a scientific or technical degree from a university or from a university of applied sciences
- You have a solid background in meteorology or a related science
- You have a solid knowledge of software engineering and C++
- You're ideally experienced in parallelization and high-performance computing
- You're ideally familiar with Python
- You're ideally experienced in web technologies (HTTPS, REST APIs, WMS, Websockets)
- You ideally have solid knowledge of Linux
- You’re fluent in English. German (or Swiss German 😉) is a plus
What you'll get
International environment: we come from all over the globe and have very different backgrounds
Hybrid work: we love meeting our colleagues at the office, but we also know how good it is to work from home when we feel more introspective. We offer up to two days home-office per week (with some flexibility).
Fun: our HR team is keen on organizing social activities. Join us for barbecues at the terrace, ski day on the Swiss mountains, summer off-site events, after-work games…
5 vacation weeks: we work better when we're well-rested!
Meteomatics is a world-leading weather and climate data provider, passionate about transforming and growing the application of weather information globally. We want people who share our mission to help organizations accelerate the energy transition and protect lives and property by accessing accurate weather forecasts.
As part of the team, you will help Meteomatics and our diverse customer base from multiple industries gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases across the globe.
We're looking forward to your application!
To learn more about Meteomatics, please visit our website: www.meteomatics.com
If you have any questions, our Head of HR Katrin Bock will be happy to speak with you: firstname.lastname@example.org