Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
What's the weather like tomorrow? 🌦️
How much energy will my solar power plant generate this week? Is this flight path safe and efficient? Will there be enough rain to water my crops? As the weather affects many industries' performance, businesses keep a close eye on what's happening in the skies.
At Meteomatics, we're a team of proud nerds who deliver the most accurate weather data to over 400 companies and research institutions worldwide, helping them accelerate the energy transition, reduce the business’ impact on the environment, and make products and services safer for society.
Meteomatics is growing faster than you can say lightning! And we're now looking for a Web Fullstack Engineer to join us in St. Gallen! ⚡
- Frontend and backend development of performant and interactive web applications for weather visualizations and remote drone operation.
- Development and maintenance of CI/CD workflow (GitLab)
- Actively being part of the whole development process from clarifying requirements to implementation and testing.
- BSc/BA in computer science or comparable qualification
- 2+ years of professional web development experience
- Hands-on experience of Python, relational database, and general backend engineering. Experience with Flask, FastAPI, and Pandas is an advantage
- Experience with CDNs, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Linux is favorable
- Meteorological knowledge would be an advantage
What we offer
International environment: we come from all over the globe and have very different backgrounds
Hybrid work: we love meeting our colleagues at the office, but we also know how good it is to work from home when we feel more introspective. You can choose!
Fun: our HR team is keen on organizing social activities. Join us for barbecues at the terrace, ski day on the Swiss mountains, summer off-site events, after-work games…
5 vacation weeks: we work better when we're well-rested!
Meteomatics is a world-leading weather and climate data provider, passionate about transforming and growing the application of weather information globally. We want people who share our mission to help organizations accelerate the energy transition and protect lives and property by accessing accurate weather forecasts.
As part of the team, you will help Meteomatics and our diverse customer base from multiple industries gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases across the globe.
We're looking forward to your application!
To learn more about Meteomatics, please visit our website: www.meteomatics.com
If you have any questions, our Head of HR Katrin Bock will be happy to speak with you: email@example.com