IT Operations | Full/Part Time | Berlin, Germany
What's the weather like tomorrow? 🌦️
How much energy will my solar power plant generate this week? Is this flight path safe and efficient? Will there be enough rain to water my crops? As the weather affects many industries' performance, businesses keep a close eye on what's happening in the skies.
At Meteomatics, we're a leading company dedicated to deliver the most accurate weather data to over 400 companies and research institutions worldwide, helping them accelerate the energy transition, reduce the business’ impact on the environment, and make products and services safer for society.
We are rapidly expanding in our headquarters in Switzerland and are expanding our reach towards the whole globe.
We are looking for an System Administrator / IT Support Specialist to join our infrastructure team and contribute to the regular operations remotely and provide technical support to our employees in the Berlin offices. The successful candidate will have a strong background in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, as well as a customer-focused attitude. The job can be full- or part-time.
The job will require occasional visits to the main office in Saint Gallen.
Now, let's talk about you…
As a System Administrator / IT Support Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining and optimizing our IT systems, working within the infrastructure team, ensuring the smooth operation of our technology-driven processes and support the IT processes in the Berlin offices.
- Managing and maintaining our server infrastructure, both on-site and cloud-based
- Monitoring network performance and proactively addressing any issues
- Collaborating with the IT team to develop and implement IT policies and procedures
- Maintain and update the knowledge base and IT documentation
- Provide first-level support to employees in the Berlin offices for issues related to hardware, software, and network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and peripherals
- Assist with setup and configuration of new hardware and software for employees
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (accepted last years students)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience in system administration, IT support, or a similar role.
- Knowledge with:
- Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Desktop and mobile device hardware and software
- Network infrastructure, such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Work in a highly motivated international and interdisciplinary team
- Hybrid working environment
- Fun social activities, such as a company ski day & summer events
Why choose Meteomatics?
A world-leading provider of weather and climate data, passionate about transforming and growing the application of weather information across the globe. We want people who share our mission to help organizations realize their goals and protect lives and property, by accessing accurate weather forecasts.
As part of the team, you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to help Meteomatics and our valued customers gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases, across the globe.
We are looking forward to your application!