Meteorologist | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
What's the weather like tomorrow? 🌦️
How much energy will my solar power plant generate this week? Is this flight path safe and efficient? Will there be enough rain to water my crops? As the weather affects many industries' performance, businesses keep a close eye on what's happening in the skies.
At Meteomatics, we're a team of proud nerds who deliver the most accurate weather data to over 400 companies and research institutions worldwide, helping them accelerate the energy transition, reduce the business’ impact on the environment, and make products and services safer for society.
Now, let's talk about you…
We are looking for a curious mind able to build innovative solutions to improve our forecasting technologies!
- Write weather forecast reports in German and English at an advanced level
- Provide tailored weather forecast consultancy to our diverse range of customers, addressing their unique needs and requirements
- Create industry-specific solutions, particularly in solar and wind power forecasting, using Python
- Develop and optimize algorithms for weather forecasting, energy forecasting, and weather data processing
- Provide customer support for meteorological applications, ensuring effective utilization of weather data and tools
- Passionate about weather & climate science
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- Hold a university degree in atmospheric or natural sciences, meteorology, or equivalent qualifications
- Solid knowledge of synoptic meteorology, with a focus on Europe
- Experience in weather forecasting
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience in modeling and simulating scientific processes is advantageous
- Innovative mindset
International environment: we come from all over the globe and have very different backgrounds
Hybrid work: we love meeting our colleagues at the office, but we also know how good it is to work from home when we feel more introspective. You can choose!
Fun: our HR team is keen on organizing social activities. Join us for barbecues at the terrace, ski day on the Swiss mountains, summer off-site events, after-work games…
5 vacation weeks: we work better when we're well-rested!
Meteomatics is a world-leading weather and climate data provider, passionate about transforming and growing the application of weather information globally. We want people who share our mission to help organizations accelerate the energy transition and protect lives and property by accessing accurate weather forecasts.
As part of the team, you will help Meteomatics and our diverse customer base from multiple industries gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases across the globe.
We're looking forward to your application!
To learn more about Meteomatics, please visit our website: www.meteomatics.com