Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland or Barcelona, Spain
What's the weather like tomorrow? 🌦️
How much energy will my solar power plant generate this week? Is this flight path safe and efficient? Will there be enough rain to water my crops? As the weather affects many industries' performance, businesses keep a close eye on what's happening in the skies.
At Meteomatics, we're a team of proud experts who deliver the most accurate weather data to over 400 companies and research institutions worldwide, helping them accelerate the energy transition, reduce the business’ impact on the environment, and make products and services safer for society.
Meteomatics is growing faster than you can say lightning! And we're now looking for a new HPC Systems Support Engineer to join us in St. Gallen or Barcelona! ⚡
You will work in the Infrastructure Team, maintaining our HPC facilities and supporting other systems and infrastructure. Be ready to unlock your creativity and system administration skills, as you'll build bespoke solutions for top international clients and contribute to solving important societal and environmental problems.
What you'll do
- Provide technical support for the operation and maintenance of HPC systems and software used in meteorological modeling
- Work closely with scientists and researchers to optimize the performance of their models on HPC systems
- Troubleshoot and debug issues related to HPC systems and software
- Collaborate with other members of the team to develop and implement best practices for HPC systems
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience with HPC technologies such as cluster management software, parallel file systems, and job schedulers
- Strong Linux systems administration skills
- Excellent scripting (Python, bash, ...) skills to manage collaborative projects and experience with Git
- Experience using system provisioning & configuration management tools to manage large server environments (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, ...)
- Previous experience working with HPC simulation, in particular, meteorological or climate modelling (e.g. WRF) will be valued
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
What you'll get
International environment: we come from all over the globe and have very different backgrounds
Hybrid work: we love meeting our colleagues at the office, but we also know how good it is to work from home when we feel more introspective. You can choose!
Fun: our HR team is keen on organizing social activities. Join us for barbecues at the terrace, ski day on the Swiss mountains, summer off-site events, after-work games…
up to 5 vacation weeks: we work better when we're well-rested!
Meteomatics is a world-leading weather and climate data provider, passionate about transforming and growing the application of weather information globally. We want people who share our mission to help organizations accelerate the energy transition and protect lives and property by accessing accurate weather forecasts.
As part of the team, you will help Meteomatics and our diverse customer base from multiple industries gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases across the globe.
We're looking forward to your application!
To learn more about Meteomatics, please visit our website: www.meteomatics.com
If you have any questions, our Senior Recruiter Yvonne Hasenburg will be happy to speak with you: firstname.lastname@example.org