HPC Support Engineer (f/m/d)
We usually respond within a day
Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
What's the weather like tomorrow? 🌦️
How much energy will my solar power plant generate this week? Is this flight path safe and efficient? Will there be enough rain to water my crops? As the weather affects many industries' performance, businesses keep a close eye on what's happening in the skies.
At Meteomatics, we're a team of proud nerds who deliver the most accurate weather data to over 400 companies and research institutions worldwide, helping them accelerate the energy transition, reduce the business’ impact on the environment, and make products and services safer for society.
Meteomatics is growing faster than you can say lightning! And we're now looking for a new HPC Support Engineer to join us in St. Gallen! ⚡
You will work in one of our development teams with our Chief Technology Officer, Christian Schluchter, managing petabytes of weather data and developing high-performance algorithms. Be ready to unlock your creativity and programming skills, as you'll build bespoke solutions for top international clients and contribute to solving important societal and environmental problems.
What you'll do
- Provide technical support for the operation and maintenance of HPC systems and software used in meteorological modeling
- Work closely with scientists and researchers to optimize the performance of their models on HPC systems
- Troubleshoot and debug issues related to HPC systems and software
- Collaborate with other members of the team to develop and implement best practices for HPC system administration
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong Linux systems administration skills
- Experience with HPC technologies such as cluster management software, parallel file systems, and job schedulers
- Excellent programming skills to manage collaborative projects and experience with Git
- Previous experience working with HPC simulation, in particular, meteorological or climate modelling (e.g. WRF) will be valued
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
What you'll get
- International environment: we come from all over the globe and have very different backgrounds
- Hybrid work: we love meeting our colleagues at the office, but we also know how good it is to work from home when we feel more introspective. You can choose!
- Fun: our HR team is keen on organizing social activities. Join us for barbecues at the terrace, ski day on the Swiss mountains, summer off-site events, after-work games…
- 5 vacation weeks: we work better when we're well-rested!
Meteomatics is a world-leading weather and climate data provider, passionate about transforming and growing the application of weather information globally. We want people who share our mission to help organizations accelerate the energy transition and protect lives and property by accessing accurate weather forecasts.
As part of the team, you will help Meteomatics and our diverse customer base from multiple industries gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases across the globe.
We're looking forward to your application!
To learn more about Meteomatics, please visit our website: www.meteomatics.com
If you have any questions, our Head of HR Katrin Bock will be happy to speak with you: email@example.com
- Software Development
- Meteomatics AG
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
HPC Support Engineer (f/m/d)
Loading application form