Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered how the weather will be tomorrow?
As 100 million Google Search results per year show, weather belongs to the top 5 Keywords being searched on Google in 2021. And there is a good reason for this! Weather can have a huge impact on all of our lives, both personally and professionally, so this is why, here at Meteomatics, we focus on processing and providing the most accurate weather data, and weather intelligence tools to improve
our clients’ business across the world for all kind of industries.
But why stop there? Better forecasting needs even more accurate inputs so we developed our own Meteodrone to collect the missing data from the lower atmosphere and are the first company to fly a network of weather drones operationally.
Now, let`s talk about you…
- Develop forecasting systems
- Operation of high-resolution WRF models on high performance computers
- Initialization by means of ECMWF data
- Assimilation of observation data (weather stations, radio sondes, radar and satellite data)
- Assimilation of our Meteodrone systems’ data
- Wish to pioneer and fundamentally change the way weather forecasting is done
- Enjoy working in a team
- Solid knowledge of numerical weather forecasting (physics and implementation)
- Experience in operational WRF setups
- Solid experience with Fortran
- Solid knowledge in Linux, bash and Python
- Experience with C++ and object-oriented programming favorable
What we offer
- Work in a highly motivated international and interdisciplinary team
- Hybrid working environment
- Very competitive pension plan
- Fun social activities, such as a company ski day & summer events
- 5 weeks holidays
You want to be part of an international, competent and motivated team, which encourages an active and lively exchange? We have our head full of ideas and if you do so too, we are looking forward for your application!