Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered: what is the weather forecast tomorrow?
As 140 Million Google Search results show, this is one of the most frequently asked questions in the world. Weather can have a huge impact on all of our lives, both personally and professionally, so this is why, here at Meteomatics, we focus on the processing and provision of high quality weather data, and software to clients across the world.
But why stop there? Better weather forecasting needs even more accurate data sources. Thus, we developed our own weather drones, called Meteodrones, to collect missing data from the lower atmosphere and we are the first company to fly a network of weather drones operationally.
Now, let`s talk about you…
We are looking for a curious mind able to build innovative solutions to improve our forecasting technologies!
- Development and optimization of high-performance algorithms for weather forecasting, energy forecasting and processing of weather data
- Development of visualizations
- Development of industry-specific solutions (E.g., solar and wind power forecasts)
- Wish to pioneer and fundamentally change the way weather forecasting is done
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- University degree in computer science, physics or comparable qualifications
- Solid knowledge of C++
- Solid knowledge of Linux and bash
- Experience in modeling and simulation of scientific processes favorable
- Experience in parallelization and high-performance computing favorable
- Python knowledge favorable
What we offer
- Work in a highly motivated international and interdisciplinary team
- Hybrid working environment
- Very competitive pension plan
- Fun social activities, such as a company ski day & summer events
- 5 weeks holidays
As part of the team, you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to help Meteomatics and our valued customers gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases, across the globe.
We are looking forward to your application!