Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered: what is the weather forecast tomorrow?
As 100 million Google Search results per year show, weather belongs to the top 5 Keywords being searched on Google in 2021. And there is a good reason for this! Weather can have a huge impact on all of our lives, both personally and professionally, so this is why, here at Meteomatics, we focus on processing and providing the most accurate weather data, and weather intelligence tools to improve our clients’ business across the world for all kind of industries.
But why stop there? Better weather forecasting needs even more accurate data sources. Thus, we developed our own weather drones, called Meteodrones, to collect missing data from the lower atmosphere and we are the first company to fly a network of weather drones operationally
Now, let`s talk about you…
We are looking for a curious mind able to build innovative solutions to improve our forecasting technologies!
- Storage, processing and distribution of Petabytes of data (E.g., radar and satellite imagery, station observations and model forecasts)
- Development and optimization of high-performance algorithms for forecasting and processing of weather data to serve millions of API queries per day
- Development of visualizations
- Development of industry-specific solutions (E.g., solar and wind power forecasts)
- Wish to pioneer and fundamentally change the way weather forecasting is done
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- University degree in computer science or comparable qualifications
- Scientific or technical background
- Solid knowledge of C++
- Solid knowledge of Linux and bash
- Experience in parallelization and high-performance computing favorable
- Experience in Web technologies (HTTPS, REST APIs, WMS, Websockets) favorable
- Python knowledge favorable
What we offer
- Work in a highly motivated international and interdisciplinary team
- Hybrid working environment
- Very competitive pension plan
- Fun social activities, such as a company ski day & summer events
- 5 weeks holidays
A world leading provider of weather and climate data, passionate about transforming and growing the application of weather information across the globe. We want people who share our mission to help organizations realize their goals and protect lives and property, by accessing accurate weather forecasts.
As part of the team, you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to help Meteomatics and our valued customers gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases, across the globe.
We are looking forward to your application!