(f/m/d)| DevOps Specialist | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered how the weather will be tomorrow?
As 140 Million Google Search results show, this is one of the most frequently asked questions in the world. It’s fair to say that weather can have a huge impact on all of our lives, both personally and professionally, so this is why, here at Meteomatics, we focus on the processing and provision of high quality weather data as well as the development of meteorological software products.
But why stop there? Better forecasting needs even more accurate inputs so we developed our own Meteodrone to collect the missing data from the lower atmosphere and are the first company to fly a network of weather drones operationally.
Now, let`s talk about you…
- Administration, Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) of our Software
- Organisation of the data flow and backup of Petabytes of data (model data, radar data, satellite imagery, observation data, …)
- Optimization of our servers and infrastructure (Linux, HPC, Networking)
- Development of internal tools and services (e.g., code versioning, documentation, …)
- Monitoring hardware and software
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- University degree in computer science or comparable qualification
- Experience as system administrator (Linux)
- Solid knowledge of Python and bash
- Experience with CDNs, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD favorable
- Scientific or technical background
- Wish to pioneer and fundamentally change the way weather forecasting is done
You want to be part of an international, competent and motivated team, which encourages an active and lively exchange? We have our head full of ideas and if you do so too, we are looking forward for your application!