(f/m/d) | Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered how the weather will be tomorrow?
As 140 Million Google Search results show, this is one of the most frequently asked questions in the world. It’s fair to say that weather can have a huge impact on all of our lives, both personally and professionally, so this is why, here at Meteomatics, we focus on the processing and provision of high quality weather data as well as the development of meteorological software products.
But why stop there? Better forecasting needs even more accurate inputs so we developed our own Meteodrone to collect the missing data from the lower atmosphere and are the first company to fly a network of weather drones operationally.
Now, let`s talk about you…
- Development of meteorological forecasting systems
- Development and optimization of high-performance algorithms for forecasting and processing of weather data
- Storage, processing and distribution of Petabytes of data (E.g., radar and satellite imagery, station observations and model forecasts)
- Development of visualizations
- Development of industry-specific solutions (E.g., solar and wind power forecasts)
- Wish to pioneer and fundamentally change the way weather forecasting is done
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- University degree in computer science or comparable qualifications
- Scientific or technical background
- Solid knowledge of C++ (C++17)
- Solid knowledge of Linux and bash
- Experience in modeling and simulation of scientific processes favorable
- Experience in parallelization and high-performance computing favorable
- Experience in Web technologies (HTTPS, REST APIs, WMS, Websockets) favorable
- Python knowledge favorable
You want to be part of an international, competent and highly motivated team of 25 people, which encourages an active and lively exchange within a flat organization and collaborate with the world’s largest players? We have our head full of ideas and if you do so too, we are looking forward for your application!